A recipe for Ancho Chilli Sauce
February 10, 2023 at 5:40 pm, 1 comment
- 5 dried ancho chili peppers
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rehydrate the ancho chili peppers by soaking them in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain and remove stems and seeds.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rehydrated ancho chili peppers, broth, tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and cumin. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and puree the mixture until smooth.
- Return the sauce to the saucepan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve the ancho chili sauce warm over tacos, enchiladas, or any Mexican dish. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
1 comment - A recipe for Ancho Chilli Sauce
Kitchenhutt Spices - May 26, 2023 at 11:07 am
Thanks for sharing this recipe with us ...
Leave a reply
Cart is empty.